Updating MakerBot Print
How to Update MakerBot Print
If your computer is connected to the Internet, MakerBot Print should automatically download new software when an update becomes available. However, if you are experiencing issues with your prints, it is always a good idea to confirm that you have the latest version of MakerBot Print.
How to Tell if You Have the Latest Version
If you are not sure whether you have the latest version of MakerBot Print:
- Open MakerBot Print. Go to Help > About to determine which version of MakerBot Print you have currently.
- Go to makerbot.com/print. You will see the latest version number displayed.
- If you do not have the latest version, click Download. A page will open with release notes for the latest version of MakerBot Print.
- Select your operating system from the dropdown menu at the right side of the page and click Download. A system-specific installer will download to your computer.
- Double-click this file and follow the on-screen prompts to complete the installation process.
About Updating the Software
The MakerBot Print software is set up to be installed individually for each user and is not optimized for any installation management platforms. We are unfortunately unable to provide alternate installers to accommodate simultaneous multi-user installations. If key files are moved post-install, the Print software will still default to its intended paths upon its next update. These updates are mandatory, with cancelations only delaying the process by 12 hours. Downloads are indicated by a progress bar towards the top of the virtual build plate on the software. Once the download completes, restarting the application will automatically launch the installer, which will require an administrator to be completed.
Note: You should also ensure that you have the latest firmware, as the most recent software is optimized to run with the most recent firmware.