How to Level
The build plate on your MakerBot Replicator Z18 is leveled at the MakerBot Factory and locked into place, but over time it might shift slightly. If you observe that your prints are consistently peeling off of the build plate, you may need to level the plate again.
Before leveling your build plate, unload any filament, clear debris from the extruder nozzle and build plate, and allow the Smart Extruder to cool.
- Begin the leveling process by navigating to
Settings > Calibration > Level Build Plate
on the control panel of your MakerBot Replicator Z18.
- Use the 5 mm hex wrench that came with your MakerBot Replicator Z18 to loosen the four bolts locking the build plate in place.
- Tighten the two front leveling knobs all the way.
- Follow the directions on the control panel. The Makerbot Replicator Z18 will move the Smart Extruder to different positions on the build plate. At each point it will prompt you to adjust one of the leveling knobs and prompt you again when the plate is in the correct position.
Caution: Only turn the leveling knobs as directed by the instructions on the control panel.
- When the leveling process is finished, tighten down the four locking bolts to secure the build plate.
- When the build plate is locked into place, the MakerBot Replicator Z18 will go through a short calibration sequence. Wait until the calibration sequence is complete before initiating any other action on your MakerBot Replicator Z18.
Click here for help troubleshooting.