Connecting Via USB
How to Connect
- Locate the USB cable that came with your MakerBot Replicator Z18.
- Ensure your MakerBot Replicator Z18 is on.
- Insert the USB-B end of the cable into the port on the side of your MakerBot Replicator Z18 and insert the USB-A end of the cable into one of the USB ports on your computer. We do not recommend connecting with USB hubs or extension cords.
- Open MakerBot Print. The software will automatically detect your 3D printer**.
- When your MakerBot Replicator Z18 is connected to MakerBot Print, the name of your MakerBot Replicator Z18 will appear under the Printer Panel. You will also see a USB icon to the far right of your printer's name.
**Please note: If your printer's firmware is below 2.0, you will need to download MakerBot Desktop to update the printer's firmware to gain full connectivity. Updating the printer's firmware to 2.0+ will allow for proper connectivity to MakerBot Print.
Still Need Help?
Click here for help troubleshooting.